IERF collects information from applicants, including, but not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses, phone and fax numbers, and information about educational background and credentials. This information is used in conjunction with the evaluation of an applicant's credentials for purposes of issuing reports. IERF takes an applicant's privacy very seriously and IERF will take all reasonable steps to protect our applicant's privacy.
If you communicate with IERF via email, or request that IERF communicate with you via email, the contents of your emails to IERF, and IERF's responses, together with your email address, will be retained by IERF.
Like many websites, IERF also gathers information about how visitors use its website. This information is used only in aggregate and contains no personal identification information. We do not disclose, sell, trade or rent any information obtained in this way to outside parties. We may disclose certain aggregate data, such as the number of visitors in a given time period or the most frequently accessed pages, to others. In general, you can visit many of our web pages without revealing who you are or any personal information about yourself. IERF may collect information regarding your browser type and IP address when you visit our website.
However, if you reveal or provide any personal or confidential information, you will no longer be anonymous to IERF. Any confidential or personal information you provide to IERF is treated in accordance with applicable laws and according to that stated below.
- Any personal information provided (for example, name, schools attended, courses taken, grades received, etc) may be used for the purpose of evaluating an applicant's credentials. Our employees, agents and contractors will have access to this information as necessary in order to perform their duties.
Personal information will not be released to a third party except in the following circumstances:
- To comply with a judicial order, subpoena, lawful requests from governmental authorities or other legal requirements, to exercise our legal rights or to defend against any legal claims or actions brought against IERF;
- To contact designated recipients of evaluation reports, educational institutions the applicant has attended and governmental institutions/agencies for additional information and/or verification of the authenticity of the applicant's credentials;
- To inform appropriate persons (academic institutions, government agencies, professional organizations and other evaluation services) in cases where documents submitted to IERF are reported to IERF by the appropriate persons not to be authentic or to be forged, altered or falsified;
- To prevent or protect against fraud or illegal activities;
- To institutions, agencies, or other recipients as designated by the applicant.
- IERF will confirm, without the necessity of any further consent from the applicant, whether or not an evaluation report was issued by IERF.
- Except as stated above, IERF will not sell or distribute any information provided to any third parties. However, IERF may summarize information about its applicants, including the services requested, and provide this to affiliated organizations, educational institutions and governmental institutions/agencies. Such summaries will not contain any personally identifying information regarding any applicants, except as otherwise provided herein.
IERF uses a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of its applicants' personal information that it receives online. These measures include sophisticated encryption and authentication tools. All applicants' personal information received online is maintained within secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights and who are required to keep the information confidential. When an applicant submits an application or wishes to access his/her personal information, IERF offers the use of a secure server. All credit card information that is supplied is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and is only accessed as stated above.
The information collected via cookies is used to compile statistical data on the use of the IERF website. All Information gathered is anonymous and an applicant cannot be identified from this information.
Applicants may set their browsers to reject cookies, but such may affect the ability to use all of the functions and features of the IERF website.
This website contains links to other sites. IERF is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. IERF encourages you to review the privacy policies of these websites. Applicants should take such steps as they deem necessary to protect their privacy before linking to these other websites.
Watch out for Phishing
"Phishing" refers to emails sent to individuals containing authentic-looking messages that instruct them to provide sensitive personal information. Individuals who "bite" are exposed to identity theft. Phishing occurs when an individual receives a deceptively-legitimate looking email from what appears to be a reputable company. The email asks recipients to update their credit card or account information. IERF does not send emails with links to update your information. IERF is not responsible for phishing attempts by identity thieves made which use the IERF name or identification.
Protection of Children's Privacy Online
IERF's website is not designed to be used by children. IERF does not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining verifiable parental consent.
International Education Research Foundation
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231-3665
Last updated: February 2009
Conflict of Interest Policy
Available upon request
Available upon request