IERF's mission is to research and disseminate information on world educational systems and to facilitate the integration of individuals educated outside the United States into the U.S. educational environment and work force.
IERF accomplishes this by:
- conducting and supporting comprehensive, quality research on world educational systems
- sharing its research findings with the international community
- providing research-based credentials evaluations and related services
IERF achieves this mission through its Credentials Evaluation Service and Research Program.
Our Credentials Evaluation Service provides assistance in interpreting the educational backgrounds of people who have studied outside the U.S. and who need statements of U.S. educational equivalencies. With nearly 40 years of experience and having processed over 500,000 evaluations, IERF is one of the most respected foreign credentials evaluation agencies in the U.S. Our multinational and multilingual team of evaluators/researchers has many years of training and experience in international education. As such, IERF approaches the evaluation of foreign educational credentials with a thorough knowledge and understanding of the varied structures of both the U.S. and foreign educational systems.
The Credentials Evaluation Service is supported by our Research Program. Our evaluators are actively engaged in international education research projects, keeping abreast of changes in educational systems. Our activities include not only authoring books and papers, but also attending and presenting at relevant international education conferences, workshops and symposia. Furthermore, IERF awards a range of Research Grants annually. The purpose of the grants is to encourage and promote research on world educational systems. This research supports the concept of applied comparative education, and more specifically, the evaluation of foreign educational credentials.
IERF is committed to maintaining its world-class standards and continuing to provide an excellent service to its clients through:
- conducting extensive and on-going research on world educational systems
- providing effective services in areas related to IERF research
- supporting international, national, regional and local community efforts to help integrate individuals educated outside the United States into the U.S. educational environment and work force
- utilizing its professional contacts, global resources and the most advanced technology to support and disseminate research
- delivering research and evaluation services on time and accurately